From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-10-11 14:45:09

On 11/10/2023 15:09, Christian Mazakas via Boost wrote:
>> Finally, as a personal note on the review, it was notable how much
>> negativity there currently is against C++ coroutines in general from the
>> C++ community.
>
> I don't think this is a very accurate description at all.
>
> I think most people are incredibly excited about coroutines. They're
> just less excited about an Asio wrapper.

That was very much not the case on /r/cpp.

A year to eighteen months ago /r/cpp was all excited about coroutines.
When I announced this review much spilled forth about C++ coroutines
being awful. Various people reporting trying them out, blowing off their
leg, and thus concluded they must never use them again.

They'll get over that I think eventually. Give it another eighteen months.

Niall