From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-10-11 22:21:11

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 4:08 PM Emil Dotchevski via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> IMO people who can't figure out mailing lists are unlikely to add much
> value to any discussion, so maybe it's good if they go to the new discourse
> server. :)

I frequently find people with different preferences to me add the most
value in discussions. YMMV ;-D

> On a serious note, I think the combination of Slack + mailing list works
> great. Adding a third place one can go to means more people won't know
> where to go.

It works great for you, but you're here.

We frequently hear about barriers to entry from people outside our
community that would make for excellent Boost contributors. Preferred modes
of communication evolve over time; if we don't adapt, we risk obsolescence.

I'm not saying that discourse is the answer or will even necessarily work,
but I think it's worth a try.