From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-06 14:48:59

On 11/6/23 06:36, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> On 11/5/23 4:39 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>> If we at Boost don't test our own libraries, who is supposed to?
>
> Why do I have to test and chase down bugs in libraries I don't even use?

If you depend on a library that causes a CI failure, you *are* using it
and are affected by it. You can stop using it and let others deal with
the problem, or you can be a helpful fellow maintainer and report the
problem upstream. Bonus points if you debug and propose a solution, e.g.
in the form of a PR. Of course, you don't have to, but if you're willing
to spend your free time on Boost anyway, this is a good way to do this,
as it benefits everyone, including you and your users.