From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-06 16:16:54

On 11/6/23 3:27 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> On 11/5/23 4:39 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>>> If we at Boost don't test our own libraries, who is supposed to?
>>
>> Why do I have to test and chase down bugs in libraries I don't even use?
>
> That's what we do. We write code for other people to use, and
> we don't necessarily use theirs in return.
>
> The C++ code in Boost is a random sample of the C++ code outside
> of Boost, and if we have a problem, (a) ignoring it will not make it
> disappear and
We're ignoring it now - that's the problem!
(b) that problem will also exist outside of Boost. So
> if you do nothing, many others will then encounter the same issue,
> and complain.

Right. If we were properly testing Boost, these things would be caught
before release.

Apparently, no one is responsable for maintaining the test script.
Maybe can fix that.

> Someone will need to take care of it. If not you, then who?

The person who is responsable for maintenance of the library. I really
don't have a lot of extra time to deal with other peoples responsibilities.