From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-07 14:47:06

On 11/7/23 12:03 AM, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:
> Am 06.11.23 um 18:30 schrieb Robert Ramey via Boost:
>> Actually, the proper response here is for the CI to provide test
>> matrix like output.
>
> Given that we have a centralized repository with the CI scripts that
> most libraries use this is actually possible.
>
> I imagine it is easy enough to `tee` the b2-test output to a file, run
> some (Python?) script over it and append an overview of the status for
> each test to the end of the output.
> I guess having at least a list of failed tests in an easy-to-read text
> format improves the output.
> Unfortunately we can't (easily) generate HTML pages with tables etc.
> like the test matrix. But the above could at least improve the situation.
>
> Or maybe B2 could give this (already?). At least the CMake test output
> is easier to read having a list of tests, their status and on failure
> their output.

Or maybe just build and run this:

https://github.com/robertramey/library_status

To see what the output looks like:

download the files library_status.html and links.html to some directory
on your local machine and open library_status.html in with your web browser.

(for some reason, the styling is coming up weird. Doesn't happen on my
copy. I'll look into this)

Robert Ramey