From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-28 16:58:55

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 9:45 AM Andrea Bocci via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2023, 16:26 Vinnie Falco via Boost, <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 12:42 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
> > <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > Andrey:
> >
> > 1. Which experts were consulted during the development of this library
> > (for example, did Peter Dimov offer any input)?
> >
> > 2. Are you in the C++ Language Slack Workspace ("cpplang")?
> >
> > 3. Which individuals contributed to reviewing the library as it was
> > developed?
> >

> Since you seem pretty eager to ask opinionated questions, what do these
> three points have to do - if anything at all - with the quality of the
> library?
>
> Asking as a potential user.
>
> .Andrea

Not an answer to your question to Vinnie, but perhaps to set context -- the
general shape of this library has been reviewed and discussed by many c++
experts. The Introduction section of the docs should really have a link to
the reference below which provides deep motivation and discussion.
Unfortunately just pointing at the 'Technical Specification' just shows the
result and not the details that led to it.

https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p0052r10.pdf

I'd also mention there's a high likelihood of this facility being proposed
for the standard either in 26 or 29.

Jeff