From: Scott Zhang (macromarship_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-20 15:27:35

Dear All:
    I have been using boost over 10+ years. The asio library work
quite well along with document.
Today I get a problem:
My development environment:
gcc 4.7.3 OABI
Linux 2.6.15
boost 1.63

The code looks like below:
void myTask(const char *text)
{
    sleep(5);
    /*for(;;)
    {
        //sleep(1);
    }*/
        cout<<"text is "<<text<<endl;
  // cout<<"out"<<endl;
}
boost::asio::io_service ioService;
ioService.post(boost::bind(myTask,"hello"));
ioService.run();

I get 2 problems:
1. If I run program as above, the mytask get executed correctly, but
as soon as it returns, the program get "illegal instruction", and
program dies.
If I call myTask directly, then everything is ok.
So what's wrong with io_service.post

2. If I run ioservice within thread using
threadpool.create_thread(
                    boost::bind(&boost::asio::io_service::run, &ioService)
Then after myTask executed, I get "Killed", using strace says program
get SIGKILL.

As the test code is so simple, I can't tell where goes wrong.

I also noticed, if I don't call io_service.post, everything looks ok.
And the threads, in linux ps, shows as many processes.

I reread the document of asio 1.63, it says had beed tested against
linux 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. so it should be ok.

Please help. Thanks.