From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-29 17:49:21

On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 9:29 AM Christian Mazakas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Also, it'd be good to get some benchmarks going, showcasing the JSON
> parsing from this library compared to Boost.JSON's benchmark suite.

A naive implementation of the benchmark will be grossly unfair to
Boost.Parser.

To do this correctly it would require that the Boost.Parser implementation
use the same containers as Boost.JSON, as they are optimized for
JSON-specific workloads. And it would require the implementation to use the
explicit internal stack model adopted by Boost.JSON (copied from RapidJSON).

That is a non-trivial amount of work for which the value proposition is
unclear; Boost.Parser is designed to work with generic containers while
Boost.JSON's parser is tuned to work with the json::value container that
comes with the library.

Of course, if someone else wants to do the work to perform such a
comparison, I certainly wouldn't discourage them :)

Thanks