From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-01-02 20:26:41

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> I'll note that there was a time when people wrote docs in raw BoostBook,
> which is probably why QuickBook appeared in the first place. Those times
> are long passed now.

If I remember correctly, Quickbook was originally a tool that took .qbk
markup and produced HTML, similar to Markdown/Asciidoc (which didn't
exist.)

It was later retargeted to output BoostBook in order for all Boost
documentation to be integrated into the same "book" and in order for
that "book" to be printable as PDF.

This "book" survives here:

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_84_0/doc/html/libraries.html

The idea of having an "integrated book" doesn't seem to have caught
on, however, as most libraries prefer having its own "standalone"
documentation that isn't part of the above.