From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-01-03 19:55:50

On 1/3/24 8:37 AM, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost wrote:

> For now, I have upgraded my Fedora, redownloaded the Boost repo, and lo, my
> documentation builds!
> I guess I will never know what that was.
>
> Regards,
> &rzej;

FWIW - here is the shell script I use to build the HTML documentation
for the safe numerics library.

https://github.com/boostorg/safe_numerics/blob/develop/doc/boostbook/makehtml.sh

There is a similar one to build PDF documentation.

Basically, it transforms the DocBook XML into the specified targets. I
don't use quickbook so I didn't need to include this is the script. I'm
sure it could easily be added though.

I did require download a couple of tools: xstltproc, ?.dtd, etc. But
once that was done, things run pretty smoothly with not opaque magic.

Keep it simple stupid - that's my motto.

Robert Ramey