From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-01-25 13:40:58

On 1/25/24 16:25, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:

> * We (C++ library authors collectively) MUST make OpenSSL easy to install,
> with NO friction for users
>
> No more babysitting, mollycoddling, or infantilizing users, and no more
> shirking our responsibility. OpenSSL is a key piece of network technology;
> we need to tackle it head-on, tame it, and make sure that anyone who needs
> to reach for it in their project can do so without hassle.

Not that I oppose the sentiment of making life easier to users, but
OpenSSL is a project of its own, with a community of developers around
it. Making their library easier to consume should be their goal, not
everyone else's. If you have complaints or suggestions on this front,
you should probably take them to the OpenSSL developers.