From: Louis Tatta (louis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-14 19:43:22

Hey everyone,

I've seen a lot of you raising concerns about the privacy policy on the new
beta site. Honestly, I didn't expect it to hit a nerve like it did. My bad.
When we were setting it up, I figured we'd just use the kind of standard
stuff you see everywhere else, like on Twitter or Facebook, especially
since we're now letting folks log in and share their own stuff.

But I get it. Moving from a simple site to something more interactive meant
we had to change the privacy terms to keep up with laws from all over the
place.

I really value the input you've all given. It's clear I've got some
homework to do on this.