From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-14 22:46:59

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 3:27 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I fully agree that the community should decide what will be on the
> website, content-wise. But given that the website is an important
> element of the Boost project infrastructure, I would expect Boost
> Foundation to own and manage it. This will affect what is written in the
> legal documents such as Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Can you be specific as to your meaning of "own" and "manage" in that?
What specifically is owned? What specifically is managed? Is it
intellectual ownership? Is it physical ownership?

Items that could possibly be owned:
* The source code for the web site.
* The content for the web site.
* The user contributed content on the web site.
* The machines running the web site.
etc

Items that could possibly be managed:
* The repository for the source code.
* The database for the content.
* The machines, and controlling accounts, for everything.
etc

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada