From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-16 15:54:53

> > This is also false. We offered to host the website and administer it,
> > as we are already currently doing. The Boost Foundation has the
> > option, but not the requirement, to adjust the DNS records for
> > https://boost.org (which it controls) to point to our servers. At any
> > time they can change this and point back to their existing web server
> > (called “wowbagger”) which they also own and operate. If they don’t
> > like our changes, they can point the domain away from our server. If
> > they want us to do controversial things, we can refuse. This is only
> > fair. Giving the Boost Foundation complete ongoing control of our work
> > is not acceptable.
> >

> I am dismayed. If these things are false then we are not on the same page
> and I'm baffled at the written communication from your people that indicate
> otherwise. Either there is some serious miscommunication or we were led on.

Vinnie has invested a considerable amount of resources into creating
the new website.
If you assumed that he would just give complete control & copyright of
a project like that
and then pay for the servers without any control, you shouldn't be
dismayed but embarrassed.

I know from Experience, that Vinnie's communication style is very
direct so I really doubt he led you on.

> At this point, I don't see how I could support the C++ Alliance website
> becoming boost.org.

Why? What could make you support it? Why is the community not served
if the C++ Alliance provides a new website - the current doesn't cease
to exist, does it?

> We can come up with other ways to do a website refresh.

I would be very interested in those ways - can you be more specific.