From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-17 18:58:08

чт, 15 февр. 2024 г. в 01:43, g.peterhoff--- via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
> My suggestion:
> - Throw out boost::utility::string_view
> - Make boost::core::detail::string_view public, just like all other backports in boost::core.
> - Check if there are other multiple implementations. If so, pull them out into separate small boost libraries. (For databases, this would be called normalization, but it must not be over-normalized).

I did not suggest replacing `string_view` with `core::string_view`
because I know that neither has a superset of features. Because some
libraries do use features `core::string_view`, replacing one with the
other seems too disruptive. Sadly, most of this thread is a discussion
of such replacement, and not what I was asking about.

So, given that a replacement cannot happen today, should we make the
type public so that I and other library maintainers could refer to it
in the docs?