From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-23 19:25:27

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 1:05 PM Janko Dedic via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> This is an overly negative reaction towards someone who has helped Boost
> tremendously through both individual contributions and enabling others to
> do the same. I don't see why ill intent is being assumed here. If there are
> concerns about ownership of individual components of the website, the
> Foundation should just have a grown-up discussion with the Alliance and the
> Boost community to address said concerns. Ultimately, Boost is in dire need
> of a new website, and nobody else has stepped up to address the status quo.
> These are positive and significant efforts that should not be discouraged
> and especially not completely discarded on a whim.

This is no whim. The Boost Foundation has had several meetings with the C++
Alliance. We were close to letting them go forward with the promise they'd
handle the copyright and ownership that we'd agreed upon. They suddenly
canceled our next meeting and then announced on the mailing list that they
had never said such things. These are all documented, by the way. Like I
said, there was a major breech of trust and this is not the first issue
we've had. However, I hope it will be the last.

I agree that Boost is in dire need of a website, but working with Vinnie is
not a safe way to get it. We can easily hire a consultant to do a refresh.
Vinnie's intent to Pwn boost is transparent now and it would be a terrible
thing for Boost were it to pass.