From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-27 22:23:59

> * My use case involves parsing identifiers that can only contain ASCII
> lowercase, uppercase, digits and the underscore.

Spirit used to have helpers like this but Parser doesn't seem to have them.
I noticed this too but it's actually pretty easy to fill this in yourself.

Here's a working example: https://godbolt.org/z/6P6dTbGYY

    auto const digit = p::char_('0', '9');
    auto const lower = p::char_('a', 'z');
    auto const upper = p::char_('A', 'Z');
    auto const ident = digit | lower | upper | '_';

> * I started my evaluation using clang-18 (Linux) but builds fail
> (seems to happen under all clang versions I tried).

Hmm, I can't actually can't replicate this, btw.

I'm using the latest tip of develop here:
https://github.com/cmazakas/parser-review/blob/main/overlays/boost-parser/portfile.cmake#L6

Compiles fine for me using clang-17 on Ubuntu 23.10

You should include details about the nature of your build failures.

- Christian