From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-12 01:39:36

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 8:11 PM Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 3/11/24 1:22 PM, Louis Tatta via Boost wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 12:23 PM David Sankel <camior_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> >> Our monthly Boost Foundation meeting is this Wednesday at 3pm Eastern
> >> (12pm Pacific).
>
> > Second, as the agenda for the Boost Foundation board meeting occurring on
> > March 13th includes a discussion of the new website,
>

> > Louis Tatta
> > CEO, The C++ Alliance, Inc.

> Is there any reason that the new web site could not be subjected to a
> process similar to the formal process for new libraries? This would
> help build a consensus around functionality, design, etc. I just don't
> see any other way to be sure that all considerations are accounted for.

Having the unique experience of designing and implementing the past
two Boost web sites. Designing and implementing a website doesn't lend
itself to the same kind of cut and dry accept/reject process that is
the formal review process. Mainly because most of the aspects are not
technical but subjective. Hence I don't believe such a process would
accomplish anything other than some people like the site while others
do not. Having said that though.. I think the new site design has
undergone a looser version of a formal review process where the
question is not "should this be accepted?" but instead "what needs to
change so that it's usable?". The goal is different. But the process
isn't that different. And more importantly, the process does not end
for the site. How to make the site usable will continue to be asked,
investigated, and changes implemented.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada