From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-12 16:00:17

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 8:33 AM Zach Laine via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I would like something along those lines. That is, I would like a
> review of functionality, not aesthetics. Re-reading What Ion wrote, I
> realize I'm not up for a twice-yearly review, so much as one-time
> input to the web developers on users' needs.

Yes, and in addition to functionality we also need to ensure that the
information has been carried over correctly. I'm referring to the
"site docs" which are the Antora documentation sites linked from here:

https://www.boost.io/doc/user-guide/index.html
https://www.boost.io/doc/contributor-guide/index.html
https://www.boost.io/doc/formal-reviews/index.html

Creating the new documentation and translating the existing
documentation is no small endeavor and while Peter Turcan (our
dedicated Senior Technical Writer) is very talented and motivated, he
can't be expected to know the intricacies of the Boost Libraries as
well as the developer community.

Mailing list discussions are of course welcome, and what really helps
is open issues. GitHub issues are the primary tool we use to report
and resolve problems. The understated value of an open issue is that
it affords a venue for discussion to iterate on choices and record
feedback from interested parties. Issues support rich text so we can
preview proposed interfaces or graphical options.

With a good process for reporting issues and requesting features,
where stakeholders can participate throughout the maintenance cycle,
and where dedicated staff is continuously working on improvements, we
can be assured that given time we will have something truly special.

Thanks