From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-13 17:11:54

I think there is a more likely alternative:  Conditional acceptance.
This is common recommendation of specific reviewers as well as the
review manager. So it a large number of cases, the final result is
is a library with changes made in accordance with information which
comes about as part of the review process. I know this as having
suffered through three reviews, (2 successful, 1 not) this process
is a huge contributor to the quality of the final library. I would
expect that this same result would obtain when applied to a new
boost web site (as well as any boost tool).

There is wide consensus that:
a) Boost will benefit from an updated website.
b) it's a big job that only Vinnie has been willing to undertake.

So I believe that the effort has been and will be viewed positively.
What I want is to see is wider participation if the submission and
validation of ideas on functionaly, scope, and even aesthetics. I
know this is a huge pain for the developers, just as it is for library
developers. But the pain is worth it. It will result in a much better
product. In the future when some raises the question: "Why don't we ..."
the answer will be in the archived reviews thus short circuiting the
endless circular discussion about these topics.

Traditionally, boost tools (including the website) have been developed
on some individual initiative by a member of the "inner circle" and
presented as a "fait compli". I think we need a more open and formal
process for these things. It's the Boost Way and it distinguishes
us from the standards process.

Robert Ramey

--
Robert Ramey