From: Hassan Sajjad (hassan.sajjad069_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-22 13:31:32

> In terms of what my build system does, actually compiling the C++ source
> files is the easiest 1%. The hard parts are building libraries,
> processing data files, and packaging the complete project for
> distribution. Some more specific requirements:

HMake has APIs for some of these and is in the pipeline for some others.
HMake is at its core a dependency resolver. So, anything you can do in
make, you can do in HMake. In the future, high-end APIs will be available
for most languages and common tasks. A common task during package
development is compression and build-system generally first checks whether
such commands as gzip or bz2 are available. With HMake, a compression API
will be in-built that works on all operating systems.

 I want to build for multiple target operating systems on one
> computer, from one source directory, with one invocation of the build
> system.

Check. Build-system has very good support for this.

  - I don't like to edit my build specification files every time I add
> or remove a file, so I use wildcards extensively in specifying which
> source files to build.

Check. Build-system has very good support for this.

I don't understand other requirements. I can comment if you could give some
examples. C++20 modules and header-units is a complex maneuver and
build-system is extendable so most likely build-system supports / can
support other features as well.