From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-23 14:37:44

сб, 23 мар. 2024 г. в 17:15, Hassan Sajjad <hassan.sajjad069_at_[hidden]>:
> You have explained the HMake working correctly but I fail to see why it is a serious issue. You can define a new configuration by adding one more line in the configuration file. In other build-systems, you would write this line on the command-line. In HMake, you write this in the configuration file.

The key difference is that users' configuration files and common line
invocations are not project files. Build scripts are necessarily a
part of the project, they have to be tracked by git. If in order to
try a different configuration I would have to change a tracked file, I
suddenly have a non-clean workspace, and the change is most likely not
something I would want to add to the next commit. Further, now to
build the project for their required configuration users would have to
effectively patch the project sources. This is very unwieldy for any
kind of automation (CI). And will also require them to know hmake.

I don't see how this is reasonable from UX perspective.