From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-28 20:42:34

On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:46 AM Robert Ramey via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Actually, I was thinking more of existing libraries.

Not to worry. Technicians at The C++ Alliance are working on a mostly
portable solution which uses the compiler's pragma message facility to
embed a small piece of HTML containing a tracking cookie:

#pramga message( "<html><script>gtag('config', 'GA_TRACKING_ID', {

Every time your library is compiled, the C++ Alliance cloud services will
be contacted to collect non personally-identifiable information about what
is being compiled, the versions of Boost C++ being used, and the quality of
your implementation. Currently this capability only works when the program
in question is built using an IDE such as Visual Studio or XCode but we are
investigating patches to bjam to enable Internet communication during
compilation.

Stay tuned!

Thanks