From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-31 19:17:00

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 11:04 AM Ivan Matek via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> My guess would be that >80% of users of boost SmartPtr are just annoyed
> that 13 y after C++11 they have mix of Boost and std in their codebase.
> Because in real codebases often people do not bother to upgrade old code,
> they just start using new stuff so you end up with mix of boost and std.

That is probably true, but removing Boost.SmartPtr does nothing to solve
it. If the maintainers of a code base are bothered by a mixture of smart
pointer types, they must refactor the code base in question to use only one
type instead. boost::shared_ptr and std::shared_ptr are almost identical,
so an automated search and replace would likely suffice.

Thanks