From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-08 00:18:36

The RC1 has been tested, and three problems have been reported (so far)

* Boost.ASIO docs generate very long file names that are not usable on Windows.
* Boost.Program options does not build in C++23 mode on clang truck (to be clang 19 before boost 1.86.0 is released)
        Note: It is possible that this is a bug in clang, and it’s in a clang that is not released yet.
* Boost.Log has some broken links in its documentation.

And …
Some additional libraries no longer build under C++03. (More than 1.84.0)

The first one is the one that will impact the most people.
Given that we want to fix that, we should fix the other two.

I have asked the maintainers to merge the fixes to master.
I will be out “watching the sky” tomorrow, but I will turn an RC2 either tomorrow night or Tuesday AM.

This means that the release will almost certainly be delayed a couple of days past Wednesday.

— Marshall