From: Hassan Sajjad (hassan.sajjad069_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-09 05:07:53

Hello Everyone,

I want to share a few updates to my proposal.

I fixed a few bugs in my build-system and improved its architecture. The
core algorithm is better, easier, and simpler to use. I am very confident
about the full correctness of the build-system and will appreciate it if
you find and report a bug.

I've added a new section to the documentation
https://github.com/HassanSajjad-302/HMake?tab=readme-ov-file#hmake-architecture.
Please spend some time exploring this. I believe you will like it.

There's been ongoing discussion regarding compiling and utilizing Boost as
C++20 modules. My build system is well-suited for this task. Once we've
compiled Boost with C++20 header-units, transitioning to a C++20
modules-based configuration will require minimal changes in the
configuration file. However, adjustments in the source code will be
necessary. If you approve the proposal, we can aim to compile Boost with
C++20 header-units within 3 months and with C++20 modules within 6-7
months. I wrote hmake.cpp for compiling Boost Math with C++20 modules,
which you can find at
https://github.com/HassanSajjad-302/math/blob/modules/hmake.cpp.

I'm willing to work on this proposal for standard C++ developer
compensation for 1 month instead of the previously quoted 3. This will
likely be my final unsolicited email regarding this matter.

Thank you for considering these updates.

Best,
Hassan Sajjad