From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-10 17:27:55

On 4/10/24 10:08 AM, Boris Kolpackov via Boost wrote:
> Rainer Deyke via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> One thing I can say in build2's defense is that it works:

works -> can be made to work.

I understand the vision for b2 and have been using it with boost for
more than 20 years. It's complex - arguably to complex. It's still
under constant development. I only update and rebuild it occasionally.
But when I do, there's almost always some sort of issue which requires
going to the list or slack/boost. Eventually I get this to work and it's
quite satisfactory. Basically, the development process for b2 is not
resulting in a reliable product.

Addressing this is a job that is difficult and underrated. I would like
to see CMake efforts culminate in a result which can replace b2. But
that doesn't seem to be progressing either.