From: Artyom Beilis (artyom.beilis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-28 15:53:57

1st of all it is Windows specific, it does not apply to any other builds -
so I still need to make build properly via cmake or other tools
2nd creates unobvious dependencies that you may not expect
3rd it problematic for libraries that not always require linking (or only
partial functionality requires linking), especially when 1 library uses
another
4th back ago I experienced different failures or incorrect naming - don't
recall why (non-standard build?)

Honestly when I use Boost on Windows I always define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB since
it vastly simplifies things.
The critical problem with removing this feature from the beginning is
breaking backward compatibility - something that
I dislike even more than this feature.

Artyom