From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-24 21:57:13

On 5/24/24 22:24, Sam Darwin via Boost wrote:
>> How much does this gain?
>
> Tested a few months ago. Don't have the exact numbers, but I think the
> archives were 50% smaller.
> You are right, focusing on doc/ might be enough. Still, if other folders
> can be removed, and not lose functionality...

It depends on what you're willing to lose.

Removing docs is mostly acceptable since they are available online, and
going online is usually not a problem. Though going online might still
be a problem. For example, one of my past employers limited Internet
access on the work place, so employees could only visit whitelisted
websites.

Tests and examples don't have an online equivalent, so if a user wants
to test a library in his particular environment, he can't do that if
tests are not distributed. Similarly, if he's reading a library docs
that refer to an example, he can't view the example and may not be able
to continue reading the docs.