From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-01 18:07:25

El 31/07/2024 a las 22:11, Kristen Shaker via Boost escribió:
> There was some discussion about the assets being held in a third party non
> profit controlled by a subset of the Boost Developers. However, given that
> there are already many Boost Developers on the Boost Foundation Board of
> Directors, we don’t see this as a meaningful deviation from the status quo.

I think that your argument that a potential third party controlled by a
subset of the
Boost Developers is not meaningfully different to the Boost Foundation
is incorrect:

1. The Boost Foundation is not controlled by a subset of the Boost
Developers.
2. Either way, the community might opt to choose a different party in
charge of
stewardship for other reasons in connection to the Boost Foundation,
such as: the
current composition of the board, past actions/inactions, lack of focus
on the Boost
Project itself, etc. Some of these concerns have been touched on by
Peter Dimov and
John Maddock (and maybe others).

Now that the Boost Foundation has opened up to questioning its very role
in order
to solve this issue (congratulations on that), we shouldn't be
pre-ordaining the
options the community can choose from.

This mail is not an endorsement on my side of the "third way" or any
other; I'll
speak my mind when the conversation progresses, and if necessary.

Best,

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz