From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-06 00:44:44

On 8/6/24 12:58 AM, Nelson, Erik - 2 via Boost wrote:
> Kristen Shaker wrote on Wednesday, July 31, 2024 4:12 PM
>
>> 2.
>> The Boost Foundation continues to be the stewards of the boost.org
>> domain name and related assets. New assets that are meant to be associated
>> with the Boost Libraries are transferred to the Boost Foundation. In any
>> matters related to the Boost Libraries, the Board will abide by any
>> decisions made by the developers but will no longer vote themselves on
>> issues as they relate to the Boost Libraries unless there truly is no clear
>> consensus or path forward.
> I vote for 2.

I tend to vote for 2, but I'm hoping for a 3rd option, as suggested by others.

But... I am also appalled by the story I read here about Jon Kalb getting unceremoniously
pushed out of Boost by the board of directors of the Boost Foundation. I do not know the
full story behind this, but Jon Kalb does not deserve this treatment. Such moves will
ultimately drive Boost downwards, and it probably did. The problem is the lack of
transparency, which is quite the opposite of what C++ Alliance seems to offer.

So, all that being said, I am slowly leaning towards 1. Unless the Boost Foundation shares
a clear path/plan forward, for the interest of Boost, as a whole, I think we may be better
off with 1.

I still don't like the "new" logo though :-)

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
Cycfi Research, Inc.