Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] [Important] Boost moving to Subversion on Tuesday, July 31st

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] [Important] Boost moving to Subversion on Tuesday, July 31st
From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 20:34:22

On Jul 27, 2007, at 4:13 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>> With respect to user docs, I agree that the best place is the website
>> and the boost release package.
>
> Ah, another aspect I've disagreed with in the past ;-) Not the user
> docs
> in the web site, but what kind of docs to put in the release package.
> One of the goals of the new web site is to reduce the amount of
> docs in
> the release package, to reduce maintenance. So we have to be careful
> what we include in the releases.

I'd like to see only the bare-minimum library+tool documentation in
Boost releases. All of the other content on the web site, from our
various policies to news items and history, should be on the web
site, only.

In a (my) perfect world, all library and tool documentation would go
through the Quickbook/BoostBook documentation tool-chain and that's
all that would go into the releases. Everything else would be part of
the web site alone.

        - Doug