Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] [Important] Boost moving to Subversion on Tuesday, July 31st

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] [Important] Boost moving to Subversion on Tuesday, July 31st
From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 21:01:25

On 7/27/07, Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
> > Doug Gregor wrote:
> >> There are a lot of things in the day-to-day development of Boost that
> >> users just don't need to know about. The various workings of our
> >> Subversion repository, release management procedures, header
> >> policies, etc. just don't matter to users. I guess they could live
> >> somewhere on boost.org, away from the user-centric documentation, but
> >
> > I pointed this out in the my other reply
> > <http://beta.boost.org/development/website_updating.html>. I already
> > have such separation on the new web site.
>
> That does work rather well. Okay, I agree that the development
> section of the web site is the right place for developer-centric
> documentation as well. We'll use the wiki for the things that wikis
> do best: allow people to collaborate on documentation, to eventually
> be moved into a more permanent location.

Wow... Quick consensus :)
We have talked with Rene and we agree that this is the best approach.

We have been playing with the idea of moving most of the website
content to a quickbook based style.

Imagine we complete the Quickbook Trac Wikiprocessor

    http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/QuickbookWikiProcessor

If we have this tool, I think that editing the wiki and our docs will
be a breeze.
This is why I think that we should move all possible content to qbks,
allowing copy and paste between the wiki and the docs.
You first start hacking at the wiki, and when something has the right
quality you can move it to the website. It will be all quickbook...
so... no problems :)

I want to add website support to boostbook for this reason, I think we
can generate the complete website from qbks in the future.

King regards
Matias