Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Creating complex tables

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Creating complex tables
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 01:13:26

>>> The main thing I'd like to be able to do is have a top-level cell
>>> that splits into more than one on the next row. I messed around with
>>> stuff like:
>>>
>>> [table
>>> [[first header] [second header]]
>>> [[upper left ] [upper right 1] [upper right 2]]
>>> ]
>>>
>>> That doesn't seem to be possible, or am I missing something?
>
> I don't think it's possible, at least not in a nice way: you might
> be able
> to put a table inside a table, but I suspect the result would be
> rather ugly
> :-(

It might be possible to create a macros that expand differently than
the usual [table ...] syntax. You'd probably have to make it shell
out to boostbook. I've been wondering about the same stuff for some
of the docs I've been working on, but haven't made myself sit down to
do it yet.

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]