Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] Feature request

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] Feature request
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 10:17:53

2009/5/20 Thomas Taylor <thomas.taylor_at_[hidden]>:
> Including files with [include filename] should work with templates. e.g:
>
> [template mypath[file] some/path/[file]]
> [include [mypath get/file]]

That's a reasonable request, but it might be tricky at the moment as
the template mechanism is mostly based on generating html - so for
example it might interpret an '/' as the start of italic text. The
best thing to do is file a ticket and hope for the best, or implement
it yourself. I do plan to do a little work on quickbook templates when
I get a chance, although mostly to do with how template arguments
work.

> Please implement or rewrite quickbook for Spirit 2.1 and use it as a well
> documented sample application, in which case I might try to implement it;
> whichever is more convenient ;-)

Feel free but I don't think we can move to Spirit 2 until it's stable.

I do think that a port to Spirit 2 will open up some possibilities.
Although for backwards compatibility we'd probably want to keep the
old version around.

Daniel