Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook and Boostbook, Boost.Build] some problems on using quickbook and boostbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook and Boostbook, Boost.Build] some problems on using quickbook and boostbook
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-20 18:16:04

AMDG

weining hao wrote:
> the original question sheet is at http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-docs/2009/07/3864.php.
>

>> I believe that whatever you have at /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/ does not
>> have tools/python.jam
>>
> You're right. But why isn't it included in the boost-build-2.0-m10?
> I copy the file from boost-build-2.0-m12/tools and run bjam --v2, some error occurs:
>
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/build/type.jam:54: in type.register from module type
> error: Type PYTHON_EXTENSION is already registered.
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/tools/python.jam:959: in load from module python
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/kernel/modules.jam:259: in import from module modules
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/build/toolset.jam:25: in using from module toolset
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/user-config.jam:56: in modules.load from module user-config
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/build-system.jam:61: in load from module build-system
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/kernel/modules.jam:259: in import from module modules
> /home/measkern2/docs/build-system/kernel/bootstrap.jam:120: in boost-build from module
> /home/measkern2/docs/boost-build.jam:1: in module scope from module
>
> What does the error mean?

It's not safe to mix files from different versions of Boost.Build.
Can you remove the using python line from user-config.jam?

>>> 3) If I am only
>>> interested in Quickbook and Boostbook, and for building the above project, is boost-build-2.0-m10
>>> enough, or it's better to follow the boost-build-2.0-m12 or even higher version in the future?
>>>
>> It is always best to use either SVN HEAD version of Boost.Build or the nightly build. Failing
>> that, the version from Boost 1.39 release.
>>

> okay. I download the boost-build-2.0-m12 and unpacked it into build-system_12. A project with the same structure and similar files with the above one is constructed. After running bjam --v2, I get:
>
> /home/measkern2/docs_12/build-system_12/tools/boostbook.jam:120: in boostbook.init from module boostbook
> warning: couldn't find BoostBook xsl or dtd directories;
> warning: please set "BOOST_ROOT" variable to the root directory of your boost installation. Searched in:
> warning: tools/boostbook
> <snip>
> I cannot see where the error is, but indeed that there is no generated HTML or pdf file. What's the wrong with it?

You're missing the boostbook XSL stylesheets and dtd.
They are in tools/boostbook in a normal Boost distribution
and are not distributed separately as far as I know.
using boostbook takes an third parameter to specify
where the boostbook stylesheets are installed.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe