Re: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Boost-wide concept docs
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-04 10:04:54

If I
> want to know anything about a boost build tool, I normally just look at
its
> implementation, tools/build/v2/tools/quickbook.jam
> and tools/build/v2/tools/boostbook.jam. The quickbook toolset includes
some
> comments, I'm not sure how useful they will be (until recently they were a
bit
> out of date, because I'd forgotten they were there).

How about an *index*?

Paul

PS I've been getting the hang of using John Maddock's autoindex tool
recently and might be willing to tackle adding an index if people thought it
would be helpful. Personally, I think this is the key thing that is missing
from much of the docs. But it does take quite a bit of knowledge of the
subject matter, and quite a bit of effort, to choose the right indexing
terms. No automation can help here (autoIndex only does the 'grunt' work of
figuring where is search terms are to be found).

I'd suggest creating a copy somewhere like sandbox/guild to play with?