Re: [Boost-docs] What controls the Doxygen filenames?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] What controls the Doxygen filenames?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-06 00:26:25

AMDG

On 03/31/2011 10:58 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>>> /boost/default_user_allocator__id503618.html
>>>
>>> which presumably aren't stable?
>>>
>>> What governs which I get, so I can make them all like the former?
>>>

>> It's governed by the length. Notice that the
>> part before the extension is exactly 32 characters.
>> Also, I believe that some kinds of elements get an
>> id regardless. (Functions can be overloaded, so
>> the name isn't necessarily unique.)
>
> Oh heck.... so there's no way to generate stable filenames for those?
> That just plain sucks... sorry but it does! :-(

If a function is not overloaded, then it gets
a stable id. For overloaded functions, you
can use \overload to combine them all into
a single section. (I just figured this out.
doxygen2boostbook.xsl is a bit finicky about
how it handles \overload. You can't have
anything else in the detailed description.)
This also has the benefit of making links
unambiguous.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe