Re: [Boost-docs] question about using Doxygen

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] question about using Doxygen
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 17:06:48

John Maddock wrote:

> Not sure if this helps, John.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I find it very helpful. Since
posting the question
I found the section "about the documentation" in the geometry library which
is helpful also. I did peruse the document areas of different libraries and
found wide variation - rather than any sort of consensus - hence my
question.

Edward Diener wrote:
> On 6/20/2011 7:19 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/DoxygenGuidelines
>>
>> contains this text
>>
>> Documenting the Reference section following the C++ standard style
>> Doxygen provides a certain number of tags that allows to generate a
>> clean documentation, but it would be great if all the Boost
>> libraries document its Reference section following the C++ standard
>> style.
>
> What is the "C++ standard style" ?

I'm assuming that this means style similar to the SGI documentation
for stl libraries. I was sort of expecting to find some sort of
"form filling" approach or something "automatically" generated
ala Doxygen. It's interesting to me (but not surprising) that their
is a wide difference of opinion as to the utility of Doxygen in our
context. I'm quite intrigued by this.

My current (toy) project has not classes per se - it's all concepts
a la fusion. So I don't see a good place where something like Doxygen
fits in. Unless ....

I've created Concepts using BoostConceptLibrary for all the concepts
I use. Now it's occuring to me that perhaps Doxygen comments might
best be applied to these concept checking classes. They're templates -
but I don't see that this should be an insurmountable problem.

Robert Ramey