[Boost-docs] Running boost book from outside the boost directories

Subject: [Boost-docs] Running boost book from outside the boost directories
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-24 03:04:56

I'm working on a project where I want to use quickbook/boost/book outside of
the boost directory tree.

>From the documentaion:

Once BoostBook has been configured, we can build some documentation. First,
change to the directory $BOOST_ROOT/doc and remove (or make writable) the
.html files in $BOOST_ROOT/doc/html. Then, run bjam to build HTML
documentation. You should see several warnings like these while DocBook
documentation is being built from BoostBook documentation:

Which begs the question of how one can do this for anything that is not
inserted to the boostbuild tree. How do I go about building documentation
with boost tools for a project which is not inside the boost tree?

Robert Ramey