Re: [Boost-docs] Using Notepad++ for editing Quickbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Using Notepad++ for editing Quickbook
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-12 22:57:09

> From: Paul A. Bristow
> Some of you may want to use Notepad++ for editing Quickbook files.
>
> Sadly at present there is a limitation in the syntax coloring of
> comments :-(
>
> [/ This is a comment ]

I also tried to configure N++ syntax highlighting for QuickBook some time
ago, but the options in the UI seem to be incompatible with QuickBook
grammar. I ended up having coloured only comments and inline code. :/

On the bright side, I was able to configure quite nice syntax highlighting
for Boost.Build Jamfiles (attached if somebody is interested, colours based
on Zenburn theme).

> and operators - showing the all-important matching [ ] brackets.

What do you mean? N++ seems to highlight matching [ and ] well for me.

> This in known from some other languages, and a solution is known, but
> no fix has yet been applied.
>
> stackoverflow.com/questions/1042855/boost-and-xml-c

I see no references to N++ nor QuickBook there - why is this link related?

Best regards,
Robert