Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX
From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-24 15:10:08

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/24/2011 6:46 PM, Matias Capeletto wrote:
>>
>> This is a paragraph.
>>
>> [custom_bold This is a paragraph]
>>
>> [custom_template_for_inserting_image This is not]
>>
>> [custom_section_start The same here]
>>
>> How will you differentiate the second one from the last two?
>
> With the current wiki-wiki paragraph detection you can't.
> Currently, paragraphs are detected when you have two or
> more newlines. All those above will be in its own paragraph.
> You can only do it by avoiding the double-newlines, e.g.:
>
> (indenting for clarity):
>
>  [custom_bold This is a paragraph]
>  [/ no double-newline here]
>  [custom_template_for_inserting_image This is not]
>
>  [custom_section_start The same here]
>
> That's inherent in wiki style paragraphs.

I will try to rephrase my question. In Quickbook the following two
lines (that are separated by two newlines and have all that it takes
to be a wiki style paragraph) are treated differently:

[link id This ends up as a paragraph]

[section This is not a paragraph]

Both are essentially the same, but Quickbook knows that the [section
...], [endsect], etc should not be considered a paragraph. How will
the wiki processor knows that it has to wrap the [link ...] line with
a [para ...] template and that the second one should pass as is?

Best regards
Matias