Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Phrase templates containing blocks

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Phrase templates containing blocks
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-23 15:51:17

I mean "an explicit forbidden newline" = a [br]

(I've yet to find it causes the downstream trouble that you warned about).

> Maybe I should explain my reasoning a bit better. Phrase templates normally just do something like
text
> substitution, i.e. in this case:
>
> Text before template. Text before table. [table] Text after table.
> Text after template.
>
> But `[table]` is a block element, so that is equivalent to:
>
> Text before template. Text before table.
>
> [table]
>
> Text after table. Text after template.

I'm OK with that.

I think I'm not really OK with blocks and phrases, (nor layout as part of syntax as I've complained
before) but I'll have to live with all of that ;-)

And it's all worth it!

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,