Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Include XML generated by Quickbook from Boostbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Include XML generated by Quickbook from Boostbook
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-15 18:16:59

On 15 March 2014 08:35, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> using quickbook ;
> xml tutorial/better_compilation_time.xml :
> tutorial/better_compilation_time.qbk ;
>

> tutorial/better_compilation_time.xml is successfully generated, however
> Boostbook does not see the better_compilation_time.xml.
>
> Looks like the generated file located somewhere in bin.v2/ folder, while
> Boostbook search in libs/variant/docs directory.
>
> Please help: how to explicitly specify output folder in Jamfile.v2 for
> Quickbook? How to explicitly specify import folder for Boostbook and how to
> get output folder of Quickbook?

An include path can be passed to xsltproc at the command line. We do this
for the combined documentation by adding an implicit dependency to the
boostbook target. You can see this in the jamfile at:

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/doc/Jamfile.v2

You can see that it has both a dependency and implicit-dependency for each
included quickbook document. IIRC the dependency is to build the quickbook
file, the implicit-dependency is to add the destination to the include path.