Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding boostbook and documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding boostbook and documentation
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-11 03:08:43

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Raffi Enficiaud <
raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Le 09/01/16 22:53, Soul Studios a écrit :
>
>> b) DOxygen is here to stay. I would like to see
>>> someone take up the challenge of making an extension
>>> which supports type requirements (aka concepts).
>>> From the users point of view, this would look like
>>> the following:
>>>

>> I personally would not want to see Doxygen becoming a requirement,
>> though I understand many like it. Personally I find it an impediment to
>> writing clean, readable code.
>>

> To clarify a bit: I never suggested Doxygen be a requirement. I am just
> saying that /if you want or need/, you can use it together with quickbook,
> and this chain of action is quite well supported already by the boost
> machinery.

Also.. If you use quickbook you can import docs from source comments
directly into your regular quickbook docs. This is how the Predef docs
manage to stay modular and maintainable by placing the docs in the source
file they document.

You could probably write some quickbook macros that give you an equivalent
feel as Doxygen that makes it easier to write class/template/etc docs.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything