Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (gunter.winkler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 08:00:05

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 14:36, Adi Shavit wrote:
> Is there another group I should post this to?

No, this group is right.

> > I have some newbie questions regarding the use of bounded_matrix.
> >
> > 1. Since the size of a bounded_matrix is known at compile time, are
> > operations like dot product between incompatible matrix sizes
> > caught at compile time?

IMHO, no. The difference between bounded and unbounded storage is that
bounded_array (bounded_matrix & bounded_vector) has a maximum size and data
is stored on the stack. unbounded_array stores the data on the heap and has
no artificial size limit.

There are other types: fixed_matrix and fixed_vector that have a fixed size.
However, they are essentially a bounded_matrix and a bounded_vector.

> > 2. Is it possible to set the storage for the matrix values to be an
> > externally supplied buffer (C array)?

yes. the type is carray_adaptor. Please look at the current CVS version for
the documentation of it.

mfg
GUnter