Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 15:16:48

On Wednesday 05 Oct 2005 20:23, Shawn D. Pautz wrote:
> The documentation for the Matrix concept is not clear to me. Is Matrix
> supposed to be a refinement of the Random Access Container concept? It
> does not list it as a requirement, but it does indicate that it should
> have the types defined by that concept - is the documentation in error?

Thanks for all this feedback.

The later is a typo in the documentation. I have fixed this now.

> Note that the Vector concept is supposed to be a refinement of Random
> Access Container.

Spured by your observation I have just spent a few hours on the uBLAS concept
checking suit. I've updated it to use boost::concept_check for all the base
Concepts. I have fixed a large number of irregularities in the uBLAS models.

Importantly I have removed Random Access Container from the list of Concepts
refined by Vector. The problem is that Random Access Container requires the
iterator to be a Random Access Iterator. Not all Vector's can provide this.

Instead I have made ublas::vector a model of Random Access Container. This
makes sense as the aim of introducing a relationship with Random Access
Container was avoid surprises by people using ublas::vector as a std::vector.

Michael

--
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering