Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Kresimir Fresl (fresl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-05 02:28:34

Carsten Hatger wrote:

> Consider a class that uses both clapack and lapack routines.
> If matrices storage layout is mixed (which ist a must, then),
> either row-based for proper use with clapack&atlas or column-based
> for use with lapack and both headerfiles [...]

As far as I know, clapack matrices are colomn-based.

Here is a quote from the clapack readme
(http://www.netlib.org/clapack/readme):

``The CLAPACK library was built using a Fortran to C conversion utility
called f2c. The entire Fortran 77 LAPACK library is run through f2c to
obtain C code, and then modified to improve readability. [...]

However, f2c is designed to create C code that is still callable from
Fortran, so all arguments must be passed using Fortran calling
conventions and *data structures*. [...]

[...] If you now wish to operate on the matrix A, remember that A is
in *column-major order*.''

Regards,

fres