Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Beinker Mark (Mark.Beinker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-03 11:18:45

slice_matrix error

Hi,

since there doesn't seem to be any address to send bugs to, I send the following bug to the list.
I am using uBlas as in Boost 1_34_1, wich seems to be the latest officical release. Unfortunately, I does not have access to the CVS.

In my view, in matrix_proxy.hpp, lines 4110 to 4115, contain a bug. In my view, the following lines

    template<class M>
    BOOST_UBLAS_INLINE
    matrix_slice<const M> subslice (const M &data, typename M::size_type start1, typename M::difference_type stride1, typename M::size_type size1, typename M::size_type start2, typename M::difference_type stride2, typename M::size_type size2) {

        typedef basic_slice<typename M::size_type, typename M::difference_type> slice_type;
        return matrix_slice<const M> (data (), slice_type (start1, stride1, size1), slice_type (start2, stride2, size2));

    }

Should be replaced by

    template<class M>
    BOOST_UBLAS_INLINE
    matrix_slice<const M> subslice (const M &data, typename M::size_type start1, typename M::difference_type stride1, typename M::size_type size1, typename M::size_type start2, typename M::difference_type stride2, typename M::size_type size2) {

        typedef basic_slice<typename M::size_type, typename M::difference_type> slice_type;
        return matrix_slice<const M> (data, slice_type (start1, stride1, size1), slice_type (start2, stride2, size2));
    }

(i.e., the "()" after data in the declaration should be removed, in consistency with similar definitions.)

Is there anybody out there who could confirm that this is a bug, and could fix it for the next official release (if not done so already; since the email archive is not searchable, I could not check if this problem is already well known)?

Regards,

Mark

d-fine GmbH: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Opernplatz 2, 60313 Frankfurt am Main; Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main: HRB Nr. 48 103; Geschäftsführer: Dr. Bernd Appasamy, Dr. Mark Beinker, Dr. Gernot Blum, Dr. Hans-Peter Deutsch, Wolfgang Pleyer, Markus von Rothkirch, Dr. Egbert Schark, Dr. Christoph Schneggenburger

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and intended only for the individual(s) or entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the e-mail (including any attachment/s) subsequently. This information may be subject to professional secrecy (e. g. of auditor, tax or legal advisor), other privilege or otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. Thank you.