Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Hongzheng Wang (wanghz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-28 14:38:01

Hi,

I have some questions. Since they may not be related each other, such
a title is used. I'm sorry for its oversimplification.

First, is there some circular shift operation been defined for
uBLAS::vector (even matrix)? That is, something like the cshift for
std::valarray. It is really a convenient and useful operation for the
concept of vector or matrix. But I don't know how to implement it
efficiently. Could you give me some tips?

Secondly, what's the purpose of the compose function of basic_range
and basic_slice? Is it just an internally used helper method, or
something which the users could reliably use?

Thirdly, is there any easy and efficient way to construct
vector/matrix from other data object, e.g. C array, tr1::array,
valarray or something else? I think there would be one, but I cannot
find it yet. I googled array_adaptor, shallow_array_adaptor, and they
are probably the answer, but I'm not sure. Could you give me some
examples to illustrate it?

Thanks in advance.

--
HZ